Lsquared: Italy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lsquared: Italy

The forum for Lsquared: Italy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Tribal Council

Go down 
+6
scott-leo
TheWolfman
SamCan
Boston Rob
Tina Cohen-Chang
switza
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
switza
Admin

Final Tribal Council Empty
PostSubject: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:59 am

Welcome in to the Final Three: Tina Cohan-Chang, SamCan and Boston Rob. We'll also bring in our jury: Soap, Hooded_Stranger, Taylor, scott-leo, TheWolfman and Kanabay.

Jury you might be expecting this to be a vote to determine the 7th member of the jury and final player voted out of the game. However, before the final challenge, the final three were given the option. They could either compete in the challenge for immunity and vote one more player out or they could all remain in the game and the challenge would be for an automatic vote at Final Tribal.

They decided on competing for a vote. That means all three of them are in the finals, and all three have a shot at being named Sole Survivor of Lsquared: Italy.

They will each get a chance to make an opening statement to you, the jury. Once all have had a chance to speak, you will get the opportunity to make a statement or ask a question to any or all of the players. Keep in mind, this is your last chance to determine who you believe should earn your vote as winner of the game.

Rob, Tina, SamCan, think very carefully about what you want to say and how you answer the questions. You want to persuade the jury that you are the most deserving player to be crowned the Sole Survivor.

You now each get a chance to make an opening statement. Once all three have posted, jury members can post their questions/comments.
Back to top Go down
https://lsquareditaly.forumotion.com
Tina Cohen-Chang

Tina Cohen-Chang

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:18 pm

I want to keep this short.

I entered, I made mit to the final 3, vote me if you think I should win. Thank you.

Lol, Ok here it is. I came in the gameas Tina, wanting to try not give my imdb name away, but I think most of you know by now. I first talked to Rob and Elle, and decided to make an alliance with both of them, I thought, hey, you need the numbers. Anyway, Shallows joined the Elle and I alliance and Wolfman joined Rob and I, so I had good players with me and I thought that would be fine. Kanabay asked me to watch his back, so I said I would and so I didn't vote him out unless it was needed to. I didn't really get on anyones bad side in the game and stood out of the fighting, well, the soap and Bettis one I commented on that once or twice, but oh well.

I wasn't a treat to anyone I feel during the game, I would post, but try not to over post and be 50 posts ahead of people, unless I needed to again lol. Rob and I had a final 2 at week 3 I think it was, I said yes. When Elle was voted out, I felt a bit unsafe, because I thought voting her off means she was thought to be a threat, so I had to stay under the radar for some of the game. Shallows was also voted out,losing two of my alliances, but I still had Rob, Wolf and Kanabay. I was giving a PM to vote out Rob by a player, I didn't want to vote Rob after all he did help me out.

I was given the Hii by Rob, just incase people decided to turn on me. I used it on final 6 (I think), because it could of been anyone going out, seeing as Sam and Wolf too had a Hii. I used it, like the others, causing scott, who I wanted to stay longer and stuck with him when we were on the same tribe.

At the final 4, I was told Kanabay was wanting me out, so I voted for him, I didn't know how Sam was voting so it could of been 2-2, but it was 3-1.
Back to top Go down
Boston Rob

Boston Rob

PostSubject: Boston Rob's Jury Speech   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:40 pm

Boston Rob’s Jury Speech

Hi guys! As ya’ll may know, I’m Apollo. What you may not know, is that I haven’t played a social game in over a year. My last social game was Lostman’s BB 3, all the way back in Jan ’09. Haven’t really had a chance to play much cause of university and work. So when I walked into this game, I was incredibly rusty, and nervous to see if I could even compete anymore. I also had to deal with the fact that I’d never played with a lot of the cast members ever before, so didn’t really know their playing styles. So even before the game started, I was aware that it was gonna be an uphill battle if I wanted to be successful in this game, let alone win. And now, after 39 days (lol, interesting coincidence, eh?), I’m in the finals, and I can honestly say that I’m proud of the way I handled this game.

So, I’m gonna get straight to it now – Here’s what I did in this game:

Strategic + Social Gameplay:

I started playing this game even before it began. I asked people who I thought may be playing this game about potential alliances, and built up connections as soon as I’d applied to the game. And that’s why, by Day 1, I knew the identities of 8/12 players that were playing under pseudonyms (the players whose identities I didn’t know by that time were BettisDude, WorstHostEva, Soap and Kanabay – I did however determine Bettis’ identity by Day 2, Soap’s soon after his boot at around F12, and Kanabay’s at around F9 though). By Day 2, I was in an alliance or had a proper connection established with 15/15 of the other remaining players. I had a strong web of connections across all three tribes. The strategy of being allied with everyone is very difficult to properly manage, but I was more than successful in juggling all my alliances, and making sure that everyone felt that I was closest to them. Being connected with everyone, not only provided me with numerous options, it also provided me with constant information. At all times in this game, I had a pretty good idea of what people were up to. Probably one of the best examples of this being that when SamCan was talking to people like Soap, Prehistoric, Tina and Wolf about how big of a threat I was from around the F14-F12 stage, I knew instantly, cause each of them came and told me about it. If you’re wondering why I didn’t boot him immediately, well, it’s because I didn’t wanna let emotion run my game. I was really disappointed that he was targeting me, but I knew that booting SamCan before the likes of Soap, Hooded, Wolf, Scott and Kanabay would just be plain silly. Why would I boot an inactive non-threat, when there were bigger fish to fry?

Anyways, after the initial few boots, I had two core alliances – the primary one involved Prehistoric, Taylor and Josh, and the secondary one involved Wolfman, Hooded and Tina. This gave me a fair amount of choice with regards to how I wanted the game to progress, because at any point, I could decide who I wanted to go with. I was still allied to everyone else though and maintained connections across all three tribes. I also followed a simple, yet effective strategy to vote out challenge threats to potentially boost my own success rate (something which was very useful considering the number of powerful rewards that were up for grabs) – thus leading to the systematic boots of players like Swinners, Soap and Hooded (all of whom are fairly decent challenge players – Swinners is a previous Challenge Idol winner, and when you guys find out who Soap and Hooded are, you’ll agree that they’re challenge threats as well). While my initial plan was to go to F2 with Prehistoric, hesitancy on his part to vote out Taylor (the player that I consider to be the best female player on IMDb and an insane social threat – and I’ve told her this to her face many times before) prompted me to switch to Wolfman and Tina’s side, who were my secondary alliance at the time (around F10-F9). My back up F2 plan with Tina thus came into effect. I also immediately strengthened my pre-existing connections with Scott and Kanabay too so as to ensure that I remained in control. I kept winning immunities, and basically booting the threats one by one, eventually ending up with Sam and Tina in this Finale – two inactives that have had no control whatsoever on this game. I actually like both of em outside the game (and they’re both aware of this), so it’s not even remotely personal. It’s just a fact that in this game, they’ve been incredibly inactive and had virtually no control whatsoever, and I’m sure they’ll agree with that too.

While I focused a fair amount on strategy, I also ensured that I had strong social bonds with most of the cast members. It’s not exactly easy to convince pretty much the entire cast to reveal their identities to you. Also, I’m not the kind of person who drags in-game stuff outside the game, and I’m not the type of guy who unnecessarily rubs it in peoples’ faces when I have the upper hand. I don’t see the point in doing that cause I know a lot of you guys outside the game, and I get along pretty well with all of you and I intend to continue that, irrespective of how this game ends up. Another habit of mine, of staying connected with people even after they were booted, was very useful in this game cause of the “outcast voting” twist. Cause of my strong bonds with a lot of the outcasts – Elle, Shred, Swinners, Soap, Hooded etc., I basically had the outcast vote in the bag at every single tribal council.

So basically when you have immunity, and the outcast vote in the bag, as well as connections with every single player in the game, with pretty much everyone thinking that you’re going to the end with them, you can basically dictate how the game goes. Pretty much every single boot that occurred was just as I’d liked it to be.

Challenge Gameplay:

Anyone that knows me, knows that challenge gameplay is my specialty. In this game alone, I won 11 individual challenges. And cause of that challenge spree, I went to tribal council only once in the entire game without immunity, and that “once” was all the way back at F18 – the very first tribal council. I know some people think that challenge domination means nothing and that it’s somehow easy, but here’s a question – How many other players can you name that have gone through an entire survivor game being immune at all but 1 tribal council? It’s not a long list. Personally, I think one of the best ways to go through a game is to always be immune. And barring that F18 tribal council, I’ve been immune throughout.

Summary:

So basically, my social gameplay involved knowing the identities of and allying with every single player in the cast except for WorstHostEva (who fell off the map right at the start), and getting everyone to trust that I was going to the end with them. My strategic gameplay involved having a core alliance, as well as a back-up one in the event that I wanted to flip (which I did enforce), and using information that I’d gained through my connections to solidify other connections, as well as systematically booting all the threats in the game, leaving only SamCan and Tina against me in the final. And my challenge gameplay involved being immune for every single tribal council with the exception of the very first one at F18. I believe I’ve excelled in all three aspects of this game – social, strategic and challenge gameplay. My overall game has thus been very well balanced.

That’s how I’ve played this game. Do I think I deserve to win this game? Definitely. But here’s the thing: What I think doesn’t matter right now. All that matters is what YOU, the jury members, think. I’m someone who has consistently tried to believe that the best player always wins. So I’m not gonna ask you to vote for me. All I’m gonna do is ask you to vote for who you believe is the best player.

Please note that I haven’t specifically gone into detail of every single boot, cause as most of you may know, my involvement in most of the boots was fairly significant, and going into that much detail would extend this “wall-of-text” far too much. If however, you have any questions whatsoever regarding any specific event or boot, feel free to ask em, and I’ll try to respond to em to the best of my abilities.

I’ve also refrained from taking personal hits at either SamCan or Tina (and I shall continue to refrain from doing so unless provoked), partly cause I get along really well with both of em outside the game, and partly cause I wanna win based on my gameplay and not just their shortcomings.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate your time for doing so. And irrespective of how this game ends up, I look forward to maintaining my bonds with all of you outside the game.

- Boston Rob.
Back to top Go down
SamCan

SamCan

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Um yeah hi. I'm in a bit of a rush right now, so I'll write up my speech when I get home, thanks for a great game guys.
Back to top Go down
TheWolfman

TheWolfman

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Wow… this has to be the WORST Final 3 I’ve ever seen. Even worse than BettisBoy’s Survivor: China and that really sucked so congratulations on beating that record. I don’t know who to vote for. All of you have something about you that really irks me to the core. Two of you are only in the Final 3 because you were deemed more pathetic and less threatening than anyone else by the puppet master pulling your strings and one of you played a good game, but the way you got to the end disgusts me. So none of you played a good game in my opinion, not to mention the whole game was blatantly unfair because the one person who did play an ok game played as TWO people and used another account to win challenges. And I don’t know why on God’s green Earth you weren’t expelled, but congrats you pulled the whole over Switza’s eyes on that one. So, this will be a hard vote and you better hope you come up with some damn good answers, because… this whole Final 3 just makes me want to blow my head off.

Sam, you have to be one of the luckiest son of a bitches that I’ve ever seen. You have no idea how close you came to being voted out every single time. You were supposed to go at F11, but thankfully for you Apollo saw how useless you were and took you for a free ride to the end. And don’t even try to deny your absolute worthlessness, because Apollo told me (and other jurors) he took the people he could beat to the end. So… why should I vote for you? Give me the hard sell. Why should I vote for you over the person that was pulling your strings the whole game? Also I want to know, do you agree with Apollo’s assessment that you are easy to beat? What do you think now that you know Apollo only took you to end because he thinks he can beat you?

And, what was your single biggest move that Apollo, or anyone else, did not tell you to do?

Apollo, there’s no denying you played an ok game. I say ok, because you broke every rule in the book and somehow you got away with it. You had access to another player’s account and used that account to send in challenges and PMs to other players pretending to be someone else! You should’ve been expelled with Agent, so be lucky you even got to stay past F9. Do you think the fact that you cheated, because that’s what you did, be a factor in my vote? It was completely unfair and very, very low of you.

Also, you took the easy way out and took the worst players with you to the end because they were the easiest to beat and then you had the audacity to come to me after you voted me out and complain how easy it was to win a challenge. Explain how taking the weakest to the end you can possibly say you deserve to win?

Also, you like to kiss people’s ass. Me and other jurors have noticed it and I don’t like people to kiss my ass. I hate it when people are fake to me. You would try to talk to them after you voted them out and try to make them feel better. You did it to me, you did it to Mark, and you did it to Scott. So explain what your goal was by trying to kiss every juror’s ass. You’ve just been playing for jury votes this whole time haven’t you?

Tina, I love you. I do. You are one of the nicest people on IMDb, but you are a follower. You followed Apollo around like a sheep to slaughter. Sweetheart, he only took you with him because he thought he could beat you. Not because of S22, whatever that means. You just voted however he told you how to vote. You did nothing on your own and didn’t show up to challenges and you may have the highest post count, but I don’t even recall seeing you online a lot and I actually forgot you where even in the game most of the time. All that aside, why should I vote for you? I want to vote for you, I do, but you have to win it now. Do you agree with the assessment that you blindly followed Apollo? What do you think now that he only took you with him to the end because he thought he could beat you?

And, what was your single biggest move that Apollo did not tell you to do?

Good luck to the finalists and I’m expecting meaty answers! This vote will be a tough one. None of you are deserving, I just have to find out who is the least deserving.
Back to top Go down
Boston Rob

Boston Rob

PostSubject: Boston Rob's Response to Wolf   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:10 am

Response to Wolf:

Wolf, I know you're really pissed about me having voted you out at F5, but I didn't expect such an extreme reaction from you. I'm gonna try and respond as nicely as I can, so please do not mind if anything unintentionally sounds a bit harsh.

1. "Gloating": Firstly, I have NEVER "gloated" about how easy SamCan and Tina would be to beat in the finals. Did I think they were the least threatening players in the game, and thus bring em to the F3 with me? Yes. However there is a pretty big difference between considering someone less of a threat, and going "LOL, I'm totally gonna crush those guys in the finals". So I would appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.

2. "Taking the easy way out": Voting out all the threats is taking the "easy way out"? Personally, I think it's the smart way. Is it smart to create an F5 situation filled with huge threats? I don't think so. And if I remember correctly, you don't either. Didn't you wanna vote out Hooded at around F9-F7 cause you didn't want him to get anywhere close to the finals, cause he was too much of a threat? So you wanted to do exactly what I actually managed to do. I have to wonder, do you believe that it's the "easy way out" only cause you ended up being a victim of the strategy that you yourself believed in? You wanted Hooded gone simply cause he was a threat. So you telling me that systematically booting out the threats is taking the "easy way out", is incredibly hypocritical imo. Here's a great example from CBS Survivor too: Do you think it wouldav been the smarter choice for Russell to have taken Brett to the Finals in Survivor: Samoa instead of Mick?

3. "Kissing peoples' ass": This is something that I actually found mildly offensive, cause apparently me being nice to people that I had to boot purely for strategic reasons, is pandering for votes. If you must know, I've had the same reconciliatory approach with the likes of Elle, Prehistoric and to a small extent, even Parvati (feel free to confirm this with them). Those guys aren't even on the jury. Why would I be trying to make up with them? There are no votes involved there. Could it possibly be because I'm actually being genuine, and cause I don't want anything that I did in this game to affect my bonds outside of it? Seriously, if my being nice to the booted people (both jury and non-jury) is somehow considered as "vote pandering" by you, so be it. And telling people that they were booted for being threats (when they were in fact the biggest threats at the points of their boot imo) isn't ass-kissing. It's just stating a fact.

4. "The Josh Account Incident": This is the big one. This is the only thing that I believe is somewhat of a black spot on my gameplay. And it's not because I benefited significantly or any such thing. It's because no one had the chance to know what really happened. Pre and Josh were expelled, and I was "spared", and people think I shoudav been to, even though they don't really know what happened. So please don't go "You shouldav been expelled", when you don't even know the details of the situation. I am partly to blame for the lack of information on the matter - I shouldav cleared it up immediately. I shouldav told everyone the story behind the drama. So here's the gist of it: Prehistoric had access to Josh's account since like Day 1. Josh was pretty much inactive. A while into the game, Pre gave me access to the account. Note here that I was given access through a secondary person. I submitted the answers for a grant total of 2 challenges btw - the first was the Oscar challenge, where all I did was submit the same list that I had on my account, on the Josh account as well. It had 0 effect on the game, since had I not done that, I'd have won the immunity on my main account anyways. So 0 effect. The other challenge was the F9 challenge for which the tribal council was voided. Again, no effect. So there was pretty much no benefit to me from handing in those 2 challenges. Also, this part is crucial regarding why I was not expelled: I had actually asked Switza to eliminate that account, even before all the drama occurred - feel free to confirm this with him. Switza interrogated us in a lot of detail regarding the matter, and liability was determined to be Prehistoric's and not mine. Also if you still have doubts over the matter, can I point you to BettisBoy Micronesia (an official game), where there was clear account trading, and the host determined that it was absolutely fine. So there are official hosts who actually permit it, like BettisBoy. Having access to another person's account isn't even considered cheating in the first place in many official series (S-IMDb Series, BettisBoy Series etc.). So basically, it's not considering cheating in the first place. But even if you do consider it to be cheating, I only had tertiary access and never really benefited from it, and I had actually asked Switza to eliminate that account even before the drama took place. That's why Switza decided that I shouldn't be penalized.

I can only hope that you find the above responses satisfactory.
Back to top Go down
SamCan

SamCan

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:21 am

Ok, hi guys, firsty I would like to acknowlegde the two people metaphorically sitting next to me as they both played great games and deserve to be sitting up here. I would also like to thank the jury as they all played a part in getting me to the point I am at right now.

Ok, I came into this game, not really knowing per se, but suspecting that it would be an uphill battle. I hadn't played a socia game for a very, very long time, and frankly I wanted to try it again. It was just as annoying as the last few I played, played frustratingly in the American time-zone (not that I'm complaining). Early on, Boston Rob, aka Apollo, approached me and said

'alliance?'

I responded with

'k'

This is how it goes in nearly every game we play in, and I know why, I always know why he approaches me, but that's for another post. I knew alligning with Apollo would practically guarantee me a place in the merge at least, I thought, great - yay. So I pretty much relaxed, I only turned up for confessional writing and voting (challenges are actually at the most inconvenient time evah). At around f14 I was like, okay, I need to make a move or the jury will never vote for me. This 'move' was voting out Boston Rob, this was, however, practically impossible, thanks to 1) Apollo showing up for challenges and 2) the jury's (now take this in the most polite way possible) utter idiocy. Apollo was TELLING me that we were going to vote them out. They (you) for some strange reason decided to tell Apollo that I was telling them that he was going to vote you out, which imo is stupid. So yea. I continued trying to vote Rob out all through the game, up until final five. I continued to tell people how much power he held, how he was going to trounce everyone, but they still would not listen to reason. Maybe that's why you're all sitting there and he's sitting here? At final five I noticed the impossibility of trying to get through to people. I knew Apollo wanted me in final 2/3 and so I decided to honour that, and stopped trying to vote him out.

End story yaya let's go have pizza.
Back to top Go down
TheWolfman

TheWolfman

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:23 am

Umm... no one could vote him out because he won one challenge at F12 and that one challenge which was only supposed to last for 3 rounds, because of the expulsions, quits, and other stuff, ended up guaranteeing him a spot in the F5. It was no idiocy on anyone's part so... your point is? There's no way you could've tried to vote him out all the way up to the F5 because he was already immune, lol.
Back to top Go down
Boston Rob

Boston Rob

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:21 pm

^ Minor comment on that: While I benefited from the med-evacs, expulsions and quits (and so did all the remaining players), I also extended that reward immunity through exile trips (such as the one I won at F10). Also, even though I was immune for 3 TCs cause of the reward, I still competed in all the individual immunity and reward challenges, and won every single one of em. My point simply being that even if you took away my reward immunity, my exile trip and my HII, I still had immunity cause I was winning all the immunity challenges. And if you took away even my immunity challenge wins, then I had my social connections to rely on, which weren't exactly weak either. So I had a relatively solid structure in place.

Last edited by Boston Rob on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tina Cohen-Chang

Tina Cohen-Chang

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:29 pm

Well first, I guess Apollo is a player, I do feel a bit bad he took me for the wrong reasons, I thought it was because of the final 2 we both said, one reason I hate playing some games.

Ok, to Wolfman, thanks for calling me pathetic lol (Whatever its a game right? You are still awesome), anyway, I do agree with you, I was taken because I didn't show up for most of it, but I did show up on some,like the posting one where only me, you and Kanabay were here.

Tina, I love you. I do. You are one of the nicest people on IMDb, but you are a follower. You followed Apollo around like a sheep to slaughter. Sweetheart, he only took you with him because he thought he could beat you. Not because of S22, whatever that means. You just voted however he told you how to vote. You did nothing on your own and didn’t show up to challenges and you may have the highest post count, but I don’t even recall seeing you online a lot and I actually forgot you where even in the game most of the time. All that aside, why should I vote for you? I want to vote for you, I do, but you have to win it now. Do you agree with the assessment that you blindly followed Apollo? What do you think now that he only took you with him to the end because he thought he could beat you?

And, what was your single biggest move that Apollo did not tell you to do?

Thanks for the nice question Smile. Ok, yes, I might as well say it, I am xcindyfanx, shock! Anyway, most of the time, it would be late for me, so that was a reason for not showing up, another is I came on the wrong time lol, that was bad too. I did do a few challenges, like I said, though some I got wrong. I voted all the time, but missed one ot two when I was having website problems. I am not saying I should be here over you or others, I got here by luck of most. The reason I mostly stuck to Apollo was because we made a final 2, If Elle or Shallows were still here, I think it would be tough for me to decide who to go with. My biggest move? Lol ok then, lets see..I wanted Sam out a round, but I wouldn't have the numbers. I also thought stick to who everyone else was voting because a fewpeople copy and paste their private messages lol. Whoever you vote Wolf, thats fine, I know Ii will be hard to win at this stage.

One more point, Wolf, do you think if you made the final 3, it would be different? Weren't you with Rob aswell, and seeing from Switza comments, only Rob showed up for most of the challenges?

EDIT: Wait, you won a hii right? lol sorry.
Back to top Go down
Boston Rob

Boston Rob

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Tina, just so you know, you're one of my favorite people on IMDb, and while my alliance with you may not have been completely honest, it was still fairly legitimate, because even if I had decided to stick with my primary alliance with Prehistoric (someone that I've been BFFs with for a while), you'd still have finished in the final 5 at least. But when I broke my alliance with Prehistoric, you automatically become my obvious choice for F2. And it had a lot to do with the fact that you've always been loyal to me, including this game.

One of the main reasons you seemed less threatening to me, is cause you've always been loyal and sincerely nice to me (that's something that extends to our previous games together). It's not just because I think you're weak, as Wolf is suggesting.

Tara <3.
Back to top Go down
scott-leo

scott-leo

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Apollo, you definitely played the most aggressive game this season, but the one thing that turns me off about you is that you are making it sound as if your fellow competitors were merely pawns that you moved and threw away as you pleased. You most definitely did "control people" but that's easy to do when people have to work with you because you are Immune 99% of the time. However, I do give you a lot of credit in this game. I think you were very social, and up until the merge were very good at keeping your identity secret. And I admire the way you presented yourself in the game. I think the way you strategically worked me at the pre-merge stage of the game was brilliant. We had a lot of conversations, and you always made me trust you even when I didn't trust anyone else (when in reality you were the one I should have been trusting the least). You made me think that you would always be there for me to potentially work with, and that's great. So, kudos for that. Also, the way you used your challenge wins to gain people's trust was admirable as well.

Also, I'd like to take responisbility for theWolfman talking about how you "kiss people's ass". I told him about a PM I recievied from you after my elimination and how if made me feel as if you were kissing my ass. I'll vote for who I think is the best player regardless of whether or not my ass is kissed. In fact, kissing my ass leaves more of a bitter taste in my mouth than anything else that is done during games. However, you have stated that your intentions were sincere and that you were not compaigning for votes so you need not responsd to this, I'm just saying my piece.

My question to you Apollo is: the night I was eliminated did you and Jwise (or just you, whatever) know that SamCan was going to play his Idol, and did you tell him to vote for me?

SamCan, my question to you is, do you feel that you are in the F3 because Rob wanted you in the F3? Do you think without him in the game you could have made it as far as you did?

Tina, you are a loyal player, and I think that is why you are one of only two people that Apollo was loyal too, because he knew he could trust you. So, I think your past reputation helped get you to the end moreso than your performance in the game did. Would you agree or disagree? If you agree, do you consider that a valid arguement for why you should win?

Good luck y'all! cheers
Back to top Go down
SamCan

SamCan

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:38 pm

SamCan, my question to you is, do you feel that you are in the F3 because Rob wanted you in the F3? Do you think without him in the game you could have made it as far as you did?

Good question, but I think this is one of those unanswerable questions y'know? If Apollo wasn't playing in this game (I knew him in this game as Apollo) I would've played completely differently. I think I would've made it far, this far? well this is my first time facing the jury, I have made final 3 once before and final 4 at least 2 times before, and final 5 quite a few times as well. I think my previous results show I CAN play without Apollo.
Back to top Go down
Boston Rob

Boston Rob

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Response to Scott-Leo:

In my opinion, there was a very high chance of SamCan playing his HII that night (and I wanted him to). This "high chance" is based on a couple of factors:
1. Based on my history of playing with SamCan, I know that he's not the type of guy who would risk not playing the idol, especially considering that there were 4 in play at the time, and that it was a pretty high-risk tribal council.
2. I needed him to think that there was a fair chance that he'd be targeted. Remember that F6 reward challenge, where I won the power to prevent someone from competing for immunity, and I used it on SamCan (instead of more active people like yourself and Wolf)? I did that just to raise doubts in his mind. I also made sure to mention repeatedly (even did so at tribal council), that due to the high number of idols in play, even a single vote couldav led to a boot.

So yea, I was fairly certain that he would play the Idol. I did not personally tell him to though (because he didn't trust me at the time, and telling him to do so couldav backfired if he'd thought I was trying to get him to waste his HII).

BUT, I had a contingency plan in place at the time in the event that he didn't play the Idol. I ensured that the vote was a 3-3-1 vote. I knew Kanabay was voting for Wolf. I knew Wolf and you were voting for SamCan. I was the one who told Tina to vote for SamCan. I also knew that SamCan was voting for you (once I'd given immunity to Kanabay, he didn't really have any option left). I voted for you, and I got the outcasts to vote for you as well. 3-3-1 vote. So even if SamCan hadn't played his HII, there'd be a tie, followed by a revote, where you'd have been voted out. Kanabay's single vote for Wolf would also come in handy in the event of Wolf giving you his idol (cause I knew you guys were fairly close), in which case, he wouldav been voted out.

Sorry, if I went into too much detail there, but there were a fair number of contingency plans in place to ensure that the tribal council ended the way I'd have liked it to.

Also, just to add, about the whole "treating players as if they were pawns", there is definitely some truth to it - and that's because in hindsight, my gameplay seems very detached, impersonal, and emotionless. I've learnt from my mistakes in earlier games, that if you let emotion run your game, it becomes a lot more difficult to actually succeed. That's why I tend to seem very detached in that sense. But I always put in a lot of effort post-game to ensure that no bonds are broken cause of a game.

Last edited by Boston Rob on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SamCan

SamCan

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Sam, you have to be one of the luckiest son of a bitches that I’ve ever seen. You have no idea how close you came to being voted out every single time. You were supposed to go at F11, but thankfully for you Apollo saw how useless you were and took you for a free ride to the end. And don’t even try to deny your absolute worthlessness, because Apollo told me (and other jurors) he took the people he could beat to the end. So… why should I vote for you? Give me the hard sell. Why should I vote for you over the person that was pulling your strings the whole game? Also I want to know, do you agree with Apollo’s assessment that you are easy to beat? What do you think now that you know Apollo only took you to end because he thinks he can beat you?

Wow...this has got to be the most BITTER juror I've seen. I was constantly trying to make THE move (I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about), but frankly no one would listen to me - out of sheer idiocy. Apollo was willing to take me, and I knew that I could tag along with him until I had to cut his throat. The votes he was making made sense. At final 12, Apollo told me my ally Soap was going home, I was like um wtf. I was scrambling but in the end everyone was too far up Apollo's ass to realise the mistake they were making. So yeah, as much as tryed to, isn't the point of the game making it to the final tribal council, and if someone promises me that, hell yeah I'm going to take it.
Back to top Go down
TheWolfman

TheWolfman

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:56 pm

He was IMMUNE at F12 so there's no way he could've been voted out, smart one. Unless you're saying you tried to target someone else.
Back to top Go down
SamCan

SamCan

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:57 pm

I was, I was targetting Taylor.
Back to top Go down
TheWolfman

TheWolfman

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:03 pm

That's surprising since I never heard about that and you never told me about that or even asked me who I was voting for at that point. Anyways, my point is you started wanting Apollo out at like F14, right? Well only two rounds later and he won the challenge which guaranteed him immunity until the F5 and then after that he won the last two immunity challenges so I don't know what move you were trying to pull when you mean "THE move", but it wasn't getting Apollo out.

P.S. I'm not bitter, I actually can see clearly who played a good game and who didn't. If I was truly bitter the only person I would be mad at is Apollo, since he lied to me the whole game and then voted me out and he knows I still think he's a cool person. And I <3 Tara and she knows that and my ramblings are not going to change that.
Back to top Go down
SamCan

SamCan

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:09 pm

I fail to see how tina played a better game than me. Maybe it's because she's a woman?
Back to top Go down
scott-leo

scott-leo

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:12 pm

SamCan wrote:
I fail to see how tina played a better game than me. Maybe it's because she's a woman?

whaaa??
Back to top Go down
TheWolfman

TheWolfman

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Was that sexism? It seemed like it. Let me guess, you're one of the people who says that anyone who says Natalie from Samoa had a good gameplay is only because she's female.

I never said Tina played better than you. You're reading into things...
Back to top Go down
SamCan

SamCan

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:26 pm

What I'm meaning to say is that Tina/tara and I played very similar games, yet surprise surprise, your blatantly telling her you want to vote for her. I sense a little bit of prior relationships seeping, no, flooding into your decision.
Back to top Go down
TheWolfman

TheWolfman

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Does this mean we can't be friends? =(

Oh, and to mimick Apollo

*you're

yw
Back to top Go down
Hooded_Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:52 am

I would congratulate all 3 of you, but this game is tainted and I'm not sure whoever wins should truly get any validation out of it. But the point is, you guys are there, we're all over here.

Apollo, do you believe you cheated in this game, in any capacity, by having ever used josh's account? No explanations, no justifications, no "gray areas", just a simple "yes" or "no".

Tina, I have no axe to grind with you over this particular game, but why do you play the SAME GAME every time? I love you outside of games, but in games, you're one of the most frustrating players ever. You're the coattailiest of coattail riders and the token last boot in almost every game you play. I know its hard for you to be on due to timezone differences, but regardless of that excuse, you still have to face the consequences and those consequences are that your game will always appear inferior to your competition's. So tell me, why on earth do you deserve to win, and how do you ever expect to win, not just this game, but any game, when all you do is ride coattails to the end and not pull of any strategic feats of your own? It doesn't even seem worth the effort to play in the first place imo.

SamCan, you and I didn't talk much in this game either. I really don't have much to say to you. So...idk...if you knew what a threat Apollo was, why didn't you ever consider approaching me the round I left so that maybe we could have teamed up and taken out one of his allies?

lol, sorry I sound really bitter, but I'm really not bitter at all. Just didn't want to ask "what was your best strategic move?" for the 142nd time. No hard feelings.
Back to top Go down
Boston Rob

Boston Rob

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:56 am

Response to Hooded:

No.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Tribal Council   Final Tribal Council Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Tribal Council
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next